Images matter – 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text. (Source: Zabisco), so we know you should be including visuals in your content marketing.
But over 85% of photos used online are subject of copyright infringement (Source) – how can you engage without putting yourself in legal harm’s way? Creating your own images.
With plenty of apps for adding filters and cleaning up photographs, using your smartphone to snap a picture is a great option when you’re in need of a compelling blog image. Here are two examples of how I used my smartphone or existing photographs from my library to tell a story about content images and brand newsrooms.
Get started with creating your own content marketing images by using these apps to take, edit and share photographs quickly:
- Skitch – Add annotations to screenshots and images via this app from Evernote. Love this app and I use it on a regular basis.
- Swipe – Add beautiful text to your photos – the image used in this blog post was created with Swipe.
- PicsArt Photo Studio – A plethora of photo editing options – great for someone who likes to tweak their pictures.
- LensLight – Solid app for using light to create effects in your photos.
- VSCO Cam - Minimalist camera app with a clean, easy to use interface.
- InstaQuote - Lets you add text to a photo or create a text-based image on Instagram. (Thanks for the suggestion Jenny!)
Do you have a favorite app that you would add to this list? Let us know in the comments below!
Interested in getting an email whenever we share a post like this? Signup here to get CMG posts right to your inbox.